Michael Thompson is an investigator who joined Bearden Investigative Agency in 2017. Mr. Thompson graduated from John Moore’s University in Liverpool, England with a NVQ Level 4 in Policing Studies. He came to Bearden Investigative Agency with considerable experience as an Asset Protection Executive & Training Manager for multiple high profile retail department stores.
Mr. Thompson has expertise in the field of covert surveillance, retail theft & fraud investigations, brand protection and growth of business profitability by means of security process implementation.
His vast experience includes:
- Recognized as leader in retail asset protection
- Developed procedures and training programs to educate entry level investigators in various aspects of undercover retail theft investigations
- Able to monitor trends through statistical review, observation and investigation
- Effective in driving a reduction in theft and maximizing profitability
- Partner with internal and external bodies to stay ahead of best practices and remain an industry role model in the realm of diversity and inclusion
- Development and delivery of focused diversity and inclusion training with a focus on unconscious bias and prohibition of profiling
- Development and delivery of brand protection training with a focus on conflict management and social media