Compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires companies to designate a Data Protection Officer if certain conditions apply to such entities. Bearden Investigative Agency offers outsourced GDPR Data Protection Officer services as well as privacy law compliance services to companies looking for experienced, well-trained, attorney managed personnel who will perform such duties at a fraction of the cost of a full-time officer.
Do you need a Data Protection or Privacy Law Compliance Officer?
All organizations, regardless of the type or size, that handle EU residents’ personal information should have someone in the organization who is tasked with monitoring GDPR compliance. Designating a Data Protection Officer is required by the GDPR if you meet one of three criteria:
- Public authority — The processing of personal data is done by a public body or public authorities, except for courts and other independent judicial authorities.
- Large scale, regular monitoring — The processing of personal data is the main activity of an organization who regularly observes its “data subjects” on a large scale.
- Large-scale special data categories — The processing of specific “special” data categories (as defined by the GDPR) is part of an organization’s core activity and is done on a large scale.
Even if your business does not require a designated “Data Protection Officer” under the terms of the GDPR, it is still crucial to address privacy law compliance within your organization. Outsourcing an initial third party assessment by Bearden Investigative Agency of your privacy law compliance processes will offer additional safe guards to ensure your company/ organization is compliant.
What does a GDPR Data Protection Officer do?
“The controller and the processor shall ensure that the data protection officer is involved, properly and in a timely manner, in all issues which relate to the protection of personal data.” Article 38, GDPR. It goes on to state that other employees in the organization aren’t allowed to issue any instructions to the DPO regarding the performance of their tasks. So, not only does the DPO have wide-ranging responsibilities, but the position is shielded from potential interference from the organization. Finally, the DPO is bound by confidentiality in the performance of their tasks and will only report directly to the highest level of management at the organization.” Read more at: https://gdpr.eu/
The work and scope of a GDPR Data Protection Officer is NOT a position for a junior associate. A DPO must have the technical expertise to conduct GDPR assessments and most importantly, a legal understanding of privacy laws in all jurisdictions in which their organization operates.
What are the benefits of outsourcing with Bearden Investigative Agency?
Companies that outsource their GDPR Data Protection Officer as well as privacy law regulatory compliance needs with Bearden Investigative Agency get much more than baseline compliance.
- Our extensive process is led and managed by a team of experienced attorneys and skilled agents that take an in-depth analysis to ensure your company is protected against privacy law violations.
- Companies save time and money by outsourcing at a fraction of the cost of hiring a full-time employee.
- We are an independent, unbiased voice for your company. Because of that, we are not afraid to speak up, be direct, open, and honest to senior management.
- We can provide continuous regulatory compliance support for not only the GDPR, but with any other regulatory compliance mandates you may have, such as HIPAA/CCPA and more.
To learn more about our GDPR Data Protection Officer services as well as any other privacy law regulatory compliance needs, contact Bearden Investigative Agency at 1.800.943.2670 or email us at email@example.com