A Technical Surveillance Counter Measure (TSCM) sweep is a search by skilled agents to locate electronic eavesdropping, video voyeurism, GPS tracking, and/or data theft devices. Sadly, covert eavesdropping has become far more common than people realize. Assuring your personal privacy, protecting sensitive information, and keeping your intellectual property where it belongs is paramount. When Bearden Investigative Agency provides a professional evaluation of your home or business’s technical security posture, it consists of a thorough visual, electronic, and physical examination in and about the surveyed facility utilizing the most advanced equipment and skilled team of experienced agents. Additionally, we proactively identify all types of espionage and information security vulnerabilities when applied to business environments.
Recent Successful TSCM Sweep
A concerned client contacted our agency about suspicions that their coming and goings were being monitored. Furthermore, an adversarial party seemed to know who their acquaintances were. Upon inspection of the client’s residence and electronic devices, a covert camera was found in their neighborhood. This camera had no discernable reason to be in such a location and was found to be covering the front yard of our client’s residence. A forensic analysis of our client’s phone found a malicious tracking application had been covertly installed and was tracking GPS locations. The application had an innocuous name and was suspected to have been installed manually when the client had left their phone unattended. These illicit tracking tools were found to have originated from a contentious divorce proceeding the client had been a party to. Once uncovered, our agents were able to provide detailed documentation that our client was then able to use during their court proceedings.
Equipment BIA Uses For TSCM Sweeps
- Bearden Investigative Agency uses the most advanced Multi tear Portable RF Detectors designed for the detection of eavesdropping signals originating in rooms, phones, and body bugs. The Portable detectors analyze communication systems and conduct radio frequency analysis of the premise, carrier current, acoustic leakage, and infrared transmitters.
- We offer same day data extraction of phones and computers. This service provides digital analysis and complete extraction of suspected bugged or compromised device or networks.
- Our Non-Linear Junction Detector (NLJD) detects the presence of electronics, regardless of whether they are radiating, hard wired, or even turned off.
- The use of thermal heat sensors aids in the detection of heat signatures that can indicate the presence of electronic devices.
How long does the process take?
- An average bug sweep can take anywhere from 4 to 7 hours depending on the size of the location to be inspected, the volume of items inside the location, and the quantity of electronic devices to be analyzed.
What to look for if you think you have been bugged:
- Your confidential business negotiations, trade secrets or business activities are known by people outside of your inner circle.
- Your confidential meetings, bids or internal memos are disclosed in pain staking detail.
- Your phone and communications equipment are not working properly.
- You have noticed odd observations, moved furniture, and unauthorized physical access not necessarily tied to your communications equipment.
- You have been the subject of surveillance, dumpster diving, odd hang-up calls and other espionage.
I’m concerned that I may be bugged. What do I do?
If you see any of the above and suspect a wiretap, contact Bearden Investigative Agency and request a TSCM sweep examination. We are well versed in privacy security evaluations and detailed TSCM sweeps. Using the latest equipment, we can identify electrical, wireless, infrared and hard-wired devices. Talk to a representative about the possibility of combining your corporate office, satellite offices and personal residences for regular sweeps and evaluations. No matter how big or small your concern, enlist the team at Bearden Investigative Agency today. Call us at 1.800.943.2670 or email email@example.com.